We are focused on providing high-quality patent application and patent prosecution services at a reasonable and predictable cost.
Most of our fees are governed by our standard fixed or capped fee schedule, and if desired we will always offer a fixed-fee quote in matters where the scope of an engagement is not covered by our standard schedule.
The Initial phone consultation with basic patentability opinion is always free.
Provisional Utility Patent Application
Non-Provisional Utility Patent Application
Design Patent Application
International/PCT Patent Application
- Rate only valid when IDP Patent Services has prepared US Non-Provisional Application
Office Action Response for Pending Application
- Per hourly rate; not to exceed stated cap/maxium
- Max. fee covers one Office Action response
- Normally 1-2 Office Actions before issue
- Fees also valid for Pre-Appeal Request, Appeal Brief, Appeal Response
- Rates only valid for patent applications filed by IDP Patent Services
Other Patent Prosecution Services
Terms and Conditions
- Fees are subject to change without notice
- USPTO fees may not represent latest changes
- USPTO fees based on Micro Entity rates
- Most drawings are done in-house and included in fees. Some mechanical and other drawings may incur a $100/drawing draftsman fee.
Many high-priced patent attorneys or patent law firms offer fixed prices for simple patent applications, but will not have a published fee schedule for more complex inventions, or only offer high hourly rates for patent prosecution. At IDP Patent Services we aim to ensure that all services are provided under a fixed or capped fee schedule.